1. Definition. We / us / our / Salamander Outdoors means Salamander Outdoors,1 Borough View Torrington North Devon EX38 7NN . You / your means the individual / company / organisation making and paying for the booking.
2. Bookings and Payments. Bookings will be confirmed on receipt of a completed booking form and a 50 % non-refundable deposit. Full payment will be required 2 weeks before the start of the course.
3. Cancellation. In the unlikely event of a course being cancelled by us, you will receive a full refund of any monies paid to us directly. We are not liable for any other losses incurred.
In the event of cancellation by you or members of your group, within 28 days of the course start date, the full course fee will be payable. If cancellation date is more than 28 days before the course start date, the full course deposit only will be payable. Course dates may be changed by arrangement, charges may apply.
For safety, we reserve the right to change or cancel a course due to weather / environmental or other conditions beyond our control. In this event we will inform you as soon as possible using the contact details provided on the booking form. In this case we will offer an alternative activity or course date.
4. Safety and Participation. Adventurous activities, by their nature, involve an element of risk, which cannot be totally eliminated. Every care is taken to ensure the safety and well-being of participants. However, adventurous activities do involve the acceptance of risk and of responsibility for the consequences of one’s actions.
Adventure sports by their nature are frequently physically demanding and require reasonable levels of fitness. By presenting on the course you are declaring yourself fit, free from injury, and able to participate in the activities booked. Bring any medical problems or issues that may affect your ability to participate in the course to the attention of Salamander Outdoors staff prior to the start of the course.
Salamander Outdoors reserves the right to exclude any client from the planned activity if their actions are thought to endanger the safety of themselves or other clients. No refunds of fees are available to anyone so excluded. Any client who acts in the contravention of the decisions or advice of the instructor or undertakes independent activities during the course will forfeit all professional protection and duty of care from the instructor.
5. Disclosure of Information and Consent. Each individual will be required to disclose to Salamander Outdoors any information regarding disability, medical treatment or conditions (including medication). Information will be used by staff to ensure the safety and maximise the enjoyment of participants, and not to exclude from activities.
Any information disclosed to Salamander Outdoors will be held in strict confidence and will not be disclosed to any third party except for emergency services in case of an incident.
Under 18’s must provide a consent form completed and signed by a parent or legal guardian prior to undertaking any activity. Without a consent form that individual will not be able to participate.
6. What’s included in the price:
Specialist equipment (if required).
Delivery of the course and instruction.
7. What is NOT included in the price:
Transport to and from course location.
It is YOUR responsibility to make your own way to the location of the course.
Pick up/drop off to/from a train station can be arranged at additional costs.
Personal kit and equipment.
It is YOUR responsibility to provide personal kit and equipment as stated on the kit list.
It is YOUR responsibility to look after and protect personal kit and equipment. I am NOT to be held accountable for any damage to your kit and equipment whilst on a course.
Your own personal holiday insurance to cover you for damages/accidents/travel delays etc.
8. COURSE CONTENT AND CHANGES
All course content described by Salamander Outdoors is subject to change and has been written as a general guideline to what is covered on that course. No one course is the same and course content can be changed due to either: factors beyond our control (such as weather, adverse conditions, conditions under foot, group physical fitness etc) or the participants of the course wanting to covering specific content.
Salamander Outdoors aims to deliver the best course possible for ALL participants on ALL courses.
9. GENERAL POINTS
A payment of a deposit and a completed course booking forms assumes that you, the Client, has read and accepted these terms and conditions.
The contract made is personal only to you, the client, who has made the booking.
If booking on behalf of a GROUP (2 or more people) then the contract is still personal to you, the client, who made the booking. However, ALL persons in the group must read and accept these TERMS AND CONDITIONS for the contract to be made and complete.
The contract made will END on completion of the course. Salamander Outdoors holds no responsibility for the participants return journey after completion of the course.
ALL participants MUST declare ANY medical conditions they may have and are aware of. Failure to disclose any medical conditions that may affect the running of a course and put yourself, the client, and the other participants within the group at risk, will terminate the contract. NO refund will be given.
You, the Client, is responsible for your own personal medication that is required to be administered.
It is you, the Client, who is responsible for taking out personal accident, medical and travel insurance.